Friday, October 26, 2007

Hangover cures

Is it possible to have a wedding hangover when you aren't the bride or groom? I feel like it has taken me all week to get back to normal and I'm not quite there yet.

I have taken up the "sock-er" practice socks again just to have something easy to knit. The wedding may be over, but kids and sports schedules are busy and this week started with some unhappy news at school that left everyone with the blues so knitting helps lessen the stress. Is it a coincidence that my two WIP's are blue, not a color I knit very often? Hmmmm...I do like the stripes of this yarn.


I haven't blogged about some of the things I am working on because they may (will) end up as Christmas gifts. Blogs aren't good surprise keepers. However, I haven't nailed down what I am making for whom yet, so if I show these and Santa ends up delivering it to you, please pretend you've never seen it before, ok?


I have a knitting crush on Jared Flood. I started the Hemlock Ring Blanket a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it a lot. This is a design that is based on a vintage doily pattern, just made with worsted weight yarn and with a few more repeats added in. The photos on Brooklyntweed (Jared Flood's blog which is excellent) make you want to cast on everything immediately, so I decided to jump in with this one. Right now mine is in the "looks like a jellyfish" stage since it is on circulars, but many photos on Ravelry and the Yahoo group make me hold out hope for greatness once it is off the needles. I'm not using wool since I want it to be washable. Cross your fingers.


He also has a hat featured in the new Holiday Gifts from Interweave Knits. I want to make that too, but don't really have a hat wearing audience to knit for. Any requests? I may make it anyway, being the process knitter I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No no! I had a crush on Jared first! He's an amazing photographer that happens to also knit amazing projects! Your hemlock is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I think we all have a crush on Jared! That new hat is pretty - I need to get the magazine!
Can't wait to see your Hemlock all stretched out!

Linda said...

Your hemlock is gorgeous!