Saturday, November 07, 2009

Rosemal Hat and Mittens

I got the latest issue of Knitter's Magazine, and was not very impressed. Several of the patterns were for items I had actually seen in person at last year's Stitches. It is more than a little weird to know that the items you are seeing in a brand new magazine you get in the mail you have actually TOUCHED. And some of them were much scratchier than any garment I'd wear. Just sayin'.

Anyway, just as disappointment set in, I saw Rosemal. A darling mitten and hat combo made from Mission Falls 1824 Wool. I don't own any of that yarn, and loved the particular color combo shown in the magazine, so I have managed to find most all the colors and am ready to make them.

Meanwhile, I couldn't wait for all that so I started them in dk weight, using leftover Rowan Pure Wool dk from my mom's cardigan I made for Christmas last year.

They fit Grace and were tons of fun to make. All those colors, the embroidery and the fair isle made for some quick and entertaining knitting. The weaving in of the ends was a pain though, over 30 per mitten.

She loves them!

3 comments:

kcochran said...

Very nice mittens and hat, fun yarn. Grace is a great model.

Linda said...

Grace looks happy in the knits which are lovely!

Tracy said...

Simply Darling!!!