Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Everlasting Sock

Can you imagine if Willie Wonka ran a yarn factory? The yarn that never runs out no matter how much you knit. Socks that change color depending on the time of day. Sweaters that grow thicker depending on the weather.





These socks were made from Willie Wonka yarn. They seemed to last forever. I worked on them pretty steadily (in my mind anyway) yet they never seemed to be done. UNTIL TODAY!

Hooray! These socks are my first installment in the Sock of the Month Knitalong that starts in August. I sort of started them in July, but we won't talk about that little detail.


Even though these were the socks that would never end, I loved the yarn. So pretty! In fact, I will make a declaration that this is the prettiest sock yarn I have used thus far! It is called French 75, purchased at Ancient Pathways.



Love it!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Very Pretty!
(Good thing you started in July to get them done for August, since they took FOREVER--in your mind anyway--)

I started my little socks in July too, but I only have 1 done...... (actually, since you didn't give me my finishing lesson, I don't really even have 1 little teeny, tiny sock done yet...ouch)

Octopus Knits said...

They're lovely -- great colors, too!

Cindy said...

There are several sources online to teach you to graft. It is not hard. If you require one on one instruction, you have to endure the waiting time! Besides, you can knit the second one and then they will be done at the same time! Instant gratification!

Tracy said...

You are SO DEMANDING!!!

Cindy said...

Tough love, baby!

Carey said...

I believe you have the beginning of a children's book about knitting socks. Very smart, sister. You could take this one places. You could call the book "Silly Sister's Socks" and it would be an instant best seller.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

mle said...

Oh, those are so pretty! the colors are really perfect.