Sunday, September 30, 2007

Eye Candy for Fall






I love the Bay Area. Always something to do, great yarn stores, just wish it were not 3 hours away. This weekend the three Musketeers (Carey, Nolamom and I) went up to see a quilt show in Livermore and the TKGA yarn show in Oakland.




The Alden Lane Nursery in Livermore was decked out for fall. I love the pumpkins and fall flowers. Aren't they great?




The yarn show in Oakland is much smaller than Stitches, but this year it seemed even smaller than before. We took our time, but were done looking in the market after an hour and a half. I was happy to see Terilyn Needlecraft there, I got some of their laceweight yarn at Stitches at the Bay Area Knit Coop booth at Stitches, and that was what I used to make the Mystery Stole. This time I got some pretty green silk/wool that I am leaning toward using to maybe make the Forest Path Stole. I also got some silk laceweight at another booth that was incredible. Lace seemed to be the yarn of the day.




Since we were done early, we made a detour to Bake Sale Betty's (fab bakery and Betty has very interesting electric blue hair) and Article Pract. I was just there not too long ago, but managed to see some nice stuff. I really like their selection. It is probably a good idea that I don't live closer. I did manage to restrain myself pretty well.




Now all I have to decide is what to start first. I am working on another pair of plain socks ("sock"-er practice socks) and have a Twisted Flower to finish, but I'm ready to start a big lace project. Or mittens. Or a blanket. Decisions Decisions.




Doesn't Maurice look like he's guest hosting Blue's Clues?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is really sweet that after so many years you still post a picture of your husband under the eye candy heading. Aaaw. :-)

Tracy said...

YES!!! Maurice does look like a Blues Clues guest host--if his day job ever goes sour, at least he'll have a start in another career!?*!@!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors this time of year! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

For the non-Blues Clues fans, he looks like Steve. Not Joe. :o

-Emily