Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lambtown!

I read a few months ago on Ravelry about the sheep and lamb festival called Lambtown that was going to be held in Dixon. Once I learned where Dixon is (by Davis), I thought it would be fun to make it into a family day trip.



One kid opted to stay with Gram and Carey, one kid was delighted (Grace, who loves all things lamb, but mostly the eating part), and one kid went along under protest (that kid shown below, looking very thrilled at the Starbucks in Merced).




I enjoyed seeing the fiber building the most (yarn!) although since I'm not a spinner, I was mostly wandering around taking in the fibery goodness. I did manage to take home a momento or two though. (Like there would be any doubt).




We saw alpacas and long haired sheep,


and Grace got to sample some ribs from the cook-off (notice the toothless grin)--





We saw some angora bunnies that were ultra soft -



and saw lot of people spinning lovely yarn, this one will become socks--


We saw lots of fiber--




and handspun ready to be judged--


It was a lot of fun. We had lamb for lunch (I prefer to knit lamb than eat it) and then we made our way over to Courtland and saw lots of pear trees, then to Sacramento and went to the Train Museum, then to Woodbridge for dinner. It was a busy day.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh How Interesting! I love the animal photos!! They are So Cute!!

Tracy said...

Ooops-How could I forget to mention-Grace's hair looks so darling cut off blunt like that-she looks a little Wooly too! =]