Friday, July 28, 2006

I finished some ufos

For a few weeks now, the Naughty Knitters have been trying to finished up some UFOs. That really means that I told them to, and I was the only one to actually finish anything. I just try harder, what can I say? Maybe they don't like me telling them what to do. Anyhow, I finished the dreaded socks that were so irritating because of the reinforcing thread that drove me crazy. It was like torture to finish them. Have you ever finished something just because you wanted to use the needles on something better? Strange logic, but it got them done.



I also finished my entrelac scarf that was a modified version of Scarf Style's Lady Eleanor's Stole pattern. I used Noro Silk Garden #87. It took three skeins. I have two skeins left and am thinking mittens to match. I really like how it turned out. Entrelac is not hard, you just have to pay a little attention to what rectangle/triangle you are on. It was fun to learn. The yarn was nice too, although I don't understand why I only have one square of yellow and I used three complete skeins of the same lot number. Whatever. A knitting mystery.

For my next trick, I am working on the dropped stitch/lace scarf from Artfibers. I am also trying to decide what to do with the beautiful silk I got there. It has to be just the right pattern, so I'm doing what I normally do - take out every knitting book and magazine I own and look at all the patterns. Which usually reminds me of other things I was meaning to start, and it is a downward spiral from there.

I do have proof I finish things, right?

No comments: