Sunday, January 27, 2008

Evidence of Knitting Revealed

I have been knitting! Not as much as I would like, obviously, and I feel like I am not making much progress.


In the process of going through my knitting stuff, I encountered a lovely mohair/silk scarf I started knitting around a year and a half ago. I recall being driven crazy by not being able to see what was a knit and what was a purl due to the nature of the fuzzy thin yarn, and I eventually lost interest.


I've pulled it out again, and am dealing better with the visual thing, and am almost done. This little skein of Artfibers Tsuki is lasting forever, though, and I feel like I knit forever and nothing changes. Logically I know I will finish eventually.


Here is the up close--


As I mentioned before, I have started a lace project, this time the Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Fall 2006. I have been wanting to do this one, and since I found the magazine, it made it much easier to start (no snickers, please).


This one is not going very well. It seems like the simple lace pattern in the beginning is driving me crazy. I guess I am out of lace practice. I am plugging away, but not very quickly.


I am afraid of starting another project, although I'm dying to start a sock. I know my brain can only handle keeping two projects going or I am sure to mix them up and disaster will strike. So I will keep my tortoise pace going until one gets finished.


On the exciting front, I have received my Stitches packet, and am looking forward to going more than I can put into words. I really need a break from things around here. There is going to be a Ravelry meet-up, and I am going to connect with a few people I met last year.

4 comments:

Linda said...

The lace looks lovely, no need to rush it anyway!

Tracy said...

The lace is lovely...and Cindy was attracting attention from it last week at knotty knitters...one gentleman just Had to see it and contribute his comments on it.

Anonymous said...

How pretty!

Woman who knits said...

So pretty!! Love the color and the pattern.