Sunday, September 17, 2006

My wrists hurt

I am on deadline. No time to be wordy. I knitted my fingers off and by late Friday -



I had knitted enough to reach Grace's head.

I knitted more Saturday, no reading the newspaper, no slacking off by reading knitting blogs, or silly things like housework--although I did stop to watch Alex's football game, but only because it was too dark to knit -- and by Sunday afternoon (after waking up at 5:30 to knit but taking a church break)










I had gotten this far --







enough to almost reach the top of Alex's head.


That is the end of skein 4.

I think I will need one more skein of knitting. We'll see.



I also finished the Gracie hat - without the roses.

Deep breath, and back to knitting.


It looks nice up close. I have learned that if I stop being lazy and count the number of stitches at the end of each pattern row I can avoid a tremendous amount of headache and frustration. It's amazing what you learn after making the same mistake over and over.

No comments: