Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Nadia the Willful

Sometimes God puts something in front of your nose to remind you it is more than just knitting. Yesterday I was whining. It's my blog so that okay. I haven't felt the knitting mojo, as Wendy from WendyKnits was talking about. I was considering (not very seriously) throwing in the towel because I have been unknitting as much as knitting. I didn't really think anyone paid attention to Cindy and her knitting, except to trip over the balls of yarn in the floor. Little did I realize they are always paying attention.

Well, today Alex was looking for an assignment and handed me his journal from school. I started reading and on page three he had to write about Nadia the Willful, and someone he knew that was willful. He wrote:

At first I couldn't think of anybody. Then I thought of my mom. I thought of her because she always finishes her knitting projects, and is determined to finish her puzzle. It is like 1000 pieces and one of those picture inside a picture ones. When its done it will look like an old school Mickey Mouse. Back to knitting. She always makes sure she does something. Once she couldn't understand a pattern and she spent a couple of days and figured it out. She is really full of will.

Wow. I had better fix that sock. I have a reputation to uphold and a few children to raise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right-Knit ON!!

Unknown said...

I loved this post - along with those children, you also have a few baby knitters to raise! We all have those days when we feel like giving up on the things we're most passionate about (I do it about twice a week!). Thanks for the inspiration to persevere, despite any frustrations that lie our paths!
Lisa