Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm still here!

I haven't been posting lately because I'm busy knitting! Stay tuned for photos of the things I have finished. Any now would spoil the surprise for those who may be getting a handmade gift (Jean, yours was mailed today - How was the cruise?).

Preparations for the holiday are humming along with stress oozing out of my pores. We have been hit by the stomach flu bug around here and then I got a cold to add to my enjoyment. All this has put me behind with Christmas cards, and wrapping, etc. I also have some gingerbread construction to get done. I've been trying to carve out a little sanity here and there by making sure I have quiet moments to remember the pleasures of the season and make sure the spiritual is not lost in the flurry. Seeing Grace's little face singing in her Kindergarten class this morning was fuel for the soul. Seeing the other kids tonight at their program was sweet too. I get all misty when I remember those giant 6th and 8th graders when they were 5.

I am looking forward to Christmas vacation, after Christmas the pressure will be off and I can get to some projects I have been eyeing to start. I'm itching to start something complicated. Cables, lace, whatever. Santa may be bringing me some new books too. Stay tuned!

No comments: