Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Stitch N Pitch Night

Carey, Alex, and I set out on Tuesday and made our way towards the Bay Area for our second Stitch N Pitch night at AT&T Park.



We took our time getting there, stopping at Continental Stitch in Morgan Hill (lots of Noro but not a lot of friendly from the staff) and a scrapbook store in Gilroy (sorry, they all seem to blur together to me the knitter woman and I forgot the name). We also stopped at Full Thread Ahead in Los Altos (love that store, and lots of good Harlot memories) and tried to go to Purlescence in Sunnyvale but THEY WERE CLOSED! Argh.




Eventually, we landed in the City. It was cold! The game was fun, although we weren't sitting close enough to a lot of other knitters so we saw lots of people with orange tote bags, but didn't get into the same spirit of fun as last year. We still had fun though!




Here is Alex and Carey right after downing some garlic fries-




And here I am with Alex, freezing my you-know-what off while knitting my sock--




Here I am seeing if it is time for the toe--




We left at the 8th inning because I was freezing and the Giants were losing pretty badly. We expected them to take Barry Bonds out like they usually do around that time. When we made it back to the hotel, we saw the bottom of the ninth, with Bonds still in and the score tied! Yikes! I knew if Bonds hit a homerun when we weren't there Alex would kill me! Fortunately for me but unfortunately for the Giants, they lost and we didn't miss any good Barry action.




I finished my sock Wednesday morning, while Carey was reading Harry Potter and Alex was enjoying the Palace Hotel pool.




We then set out for the east bay, and enjoyed Article Pract in Oakland, Stash in Berkeley, and My Daughter's Wish (killer scrapbook store, even I must say) in Walnut Creek. Alex went to baseball heaven with lunch at McCovey's. He took over 25 photos in the restaurant. Cool place.




Now we are home. I feel like the past few weeks have been a whirlwind. Time to catch up with the rest of life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had by all!
(and the sock is pretty!)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast! We should do a field trip next year!

Tracy said...

Really handsome picture of Alex in the baseball place--what a cute kid he is....I am glad you made it back home in one piece, without loosing any toes or knitting fingers to the chill....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun adventure. What a good sport Alex was to visit all the crafty stores!!! When did his hair turn curly??
Jean

Anonymous said...

How very fun!!