Sunday, April 01, 2007

Putting PAPER back into Yarn Paper Scissors

So...I have just returned from a weekend in LA. We were there to go see Josh Groban in concert and what a FANTASTIC concert it was. I cannot say just how wonderful it was. His voice was superb and he's as funny as can be. And, a highlight was him walking down the aisle where we were sitting. I can now say I've touched Josh Groban's shoulder. How cool is that? Check out this horrible picture I took with my phone.


Anyway... boy, I seem to be lacking in focus at the moment. This is supposed to be about paper.

Before the concert, Shelly, her sister LeAnn and I attacked the scrapbook stores. We went to Claremont, San Dimas and Ontario and, wow. What fun stuff in these stores. Mom and I just came back from the scrapbook expo and have recently seen a ton of scrapbooking stuff, but it really seemed that these stores had new stuff, stuff I've never seen before. Truly, I believed I had really seen it all. If I'm anything at all, I'm able to find my way around a scrapbooking store, you know? (Again, with the focus!)

I bought mostly papers and embellishments for mom's cooking scrapbooking project, but what I found that I just loved were new papers that had the most rich and fun colors and were embellished with doodling. That doodling thing is B-I-G big now. I picked up three new books, too. One on simple scrapbooking of theme books about yourself, one on mini books and the fifth in my most favorite quote book series.

I just love the new quote book because the theme fo Quote, Unquote 5 is Spiritual quotes for Inspired Moments! How cool is that? I just know I'm going to love, love, love this book.

We ended our trip with a fun breakfast at Rosco's Chickn' n' Waffles in Pasadena (ask Shelly!) and then we said goodbye to LeAnn and Shelly and I were off, headed home. The only problem with that plan is that the day was young. What were we to do? Go home right away? No way. One more stop, to a scrabook store in Bakersfield. Again, I was surprised at the size of this place and the fact it had fun, unique stuff. More money down, and we had to get out of town.





4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Carey, it all sounds so great! I wish I had known--there is a big warehouse type scrap store right off the freeway in an industrial park near Magic Mountain I would have steered you towards. I can't wait to peek at your new books--If you'll let me.....Glad you had such a good weekend!! AND, glad to see the PAPER getting a word in here too.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you were in LA and didn't call me?! harumph... I can take a hint...

I love me some Joshie...

Unknown said...

Frank -- This is Carey, not Cindy. I'm the paper sister. She's the yarn sister. She's not even overly fond of Josh. Silly girl...

Cindy said...

Josh is fine, Andrea is better. Harry is nice too.

Carey, don't make Frank mad at me. Knitters who can decorate a cake are hard to find.