Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Project Spectrum Begins!

I had waiting time at the hair stylist yesterday. I knit a quick scarf while I was "processing."

It was a fun yarn that changes as you knit. It was three different yarns, a mohair fuzzy type, a wool thick/thin, and a nylon nubby type. I chose gray since it would fit into the Project Spectrum assignment. I like it and it will go with a black sweater nicely, but I'm not really crazy about it. The yarn comes in other colors too. (I think I would like them better). I'm too lazy at the moment to find the ball band, but when I get a moment, I will post the name of the yarn. It was very inexpensive, and one ball made the scarf. I knitted it on the diagonal. Here is the quick pattern:

Cast on 15.
Row 1:Knit1, yo, knit to three stitches before the end of the row, k2tog, k1.
Row 2: Knit entire row, knitting into back loop of the yo.
Repeat row 1 and 2.

That's it!

Close up of the yarn:
















On another note, here is a photo of Grace in the Watermelon Cardigan. It is big, but will fit her next year, I'm sure. She wore it to church last Sun. Don't you just love the smile?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweater is adorable...so is the grin! Wow! Gracie's hair is getting so long.
Jean

Rob said...

Soooo cute, and the sweater is just as sweet!
Natalie