Saturday, March 24, 2007

I've Come a Long Way, Baby

We are heavily into the spring cleaning around here. We got rid of the old computer in Alex's new room to make room for his bed and we now have to figure out how to move the bunk bed out of his room and across the house into the new room. We also decided that room needs new carpet but the move is going ahead anyway.

It is interesting to go through stuff I haven't seen in a long time. Maurice brought me a box of "fabric stuff" to go through and it contained needlepoint kits that were UFO's from a LONG time ago. I so do not plan to finish those. Needlepoint is BORING.


I also came across a bag with Swedish writing on it that contained pieces of a finished sweater I knitted when I was there that I never sewed together.
There is a lot to analyze here. First, was there really a time when this was in style (it was 1984)?
Second, here is living proof that I was not always a yarn snob, since it is 100% acrylic. It didn't feel that bad actually. The pattern called for 100%cotton, which would have been much better.
The pattern is written in Swedish, and I actually still understand it. I could whip anyone up one now if there is any interest out there.
Grace thought it was great fun to see, and thought it was knitting puzzle pieces. Then, for some reason, she went and got her Hi Ho CherryO game and put the little cherries on top of the sweater pieces. Maybe she has been looking over my shoulder as I read the yarnstorm blog?
I knew I had to take a picture of this knitting antique, in order to preserve my knitting past. This was not, however the first thing I knitted, that was another sweater that was a seafoam green cotton boatneck. I show you that if I get around to cleaning my closet.
One project at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love finding things that I've forgotten about! Have fun cleaning and finding more goodies.