Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bursting my bubble

Sometimes your bubble gets burst in the most unexpected places. I was riding the wave of productivity, feeling very proud of myself for finishing baby socks that I did without a pattern, a baby hat, and knitting an entire hat for Grace while on a three-hour train trip. That was a lot for a week's work, don't you think?

Well, apparently not. I was at Grace's dance class, and working on my new pink/purple sock, when this irritating little boy came up to me and asked, "Weren't you working on that last week? Why aren't you done yet?" Since he was around 6 or so, I didn't want to get into it with him and defend myself with my other accomplishments, so I just mumbled a few things and let it go. But it bugged me enough to finish the first sock.


I am also planning what I am taking to dance class next week. It has to be something grand enough to impress the irritating boy.

I realize that's more than a little crazy.

Maybe I'll wear the socks so he'll notice.

Hmmm.

No comments: