Sunday, August 27, 2006

Nap Time

Tomorrow is the first REAL day of Kindergarten, the day they stay until 2:50. Their day includes "nap time" where I don't really think anyone naps. It should be called "recharge the kids' batteries" time, or "teacher sanity time". I was planning on choosing the most Grace-like beach towel we had and sending that along to do the job, but Alex informed me that I had to make Grace a pillow because I had made him one. He still keeps it on his bed. I didn't really realize that he still kept it around, even though he is in 6th grade, but if it is that important to him, then by all means, Grace needs a pillow too. (Emily had morning kindergarten and missed out on nap time).

I decided that since fleece is all the rage in the JoAnns Fabric circles, I would pick some cute fleece and make a blanket for her as well. I ended up with ballerinas since she is my budding dancer, and solid pink for the pillow. I chased all over town looking for the letters to sew on for her name (like Alex's) but in the end decided to embroider her name on it instead.

I hope it is on her bed when she is in 6th grade.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Alex wanted me to point out that his pillow is not actually on his bed, he keeps it "around", meaning usually on the floor of his room.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute set! My youngest girl just had her first day of Full Day Kindergarten today. I made her a shaggy fleece quilt in half size and put her name on it - she adores it and I now have request from my other 3 children for something similar for them. Never mind that one is in 4th grade, one is in 2nd grade, and one is only 2 - they still asked...

Cindy said...

A mother's work is never done. Isn't it nice to have your own personal fan club?

Unknown said...

I do have to say, just because I can, that I've actually seen the pillow on Alex's bed. So there.

Anonymous said...

Carey what am I suposed to do throw it away?