Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quiet Sunday Crafting


No blood, no accidents. I'm referring to my Sunday crafting day. I was pretty much left to my own devices today, and I was pretty productive.

Finished the memo board. By 9 am. I am such a morning person. It's all downhill after 9 am. I like it so much I have not replaced the photos that usually cover much of the board. I go admire it every so often.

I fixed the rug. It was too big for the small bathroom space, so I cut it, unraveled it, and retied the end strings. Not too tricky.

Next up was the wall art thing. Not real sure what I am doing, so I procrastinated a little, but by the end of the day I had this--


It doesn't show up very well on the countertop, but lets just say it is a work in progress. Maybe it needs narrower strips. It is kind of "busy". I used fabrics with pattern and now I don't think it will need any embellishment. I can't tell if that would be way too much going on. I do know I need some sort of stiff interfacing fused to the back to make the whole thing stay together. I hope it will hang on the wall without flopping over.

If it is a disaster, I will toss it in the trash and go buy a print for the wall. Or I could paint something. Something abstract. Hmmm. I need some advice.

Cuppy isn't any help.






The fingerless mittens are coming along nicely. I'm almost done with the first one.

Photos tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were fantastically productive without me....maybe I should leave you to your own devices...The french board turned out SO PRETTY! And, I am liking the fabric-art thingy. Is it going on the wall directly, or framed??. I want to see the room done with towels & accessories now.
Did you get the new livingroom furniture?? Does it look as good as you expected?
Good luck with the sub job tomorrow--I will miss "you girls" at coffee & for shopping--Have fun without me! TL

Rachel said...

You have been quite busy! I wish I could have such a productive day! I also like to make wall art/quilts. If you sew some loops with ribbon on the top, you can hang it from a pretty curtain rod bar or dowel. Then it will hang flat. (Not to mention it makes a great climbing apparatus for kitty).